Monday 29 August 2016

My mistakes and His faithfulness

I applied for my Mozambican visa a couple weeks ago. I read through the requirements but did not include a return self-addressed pre-paid envelope. I was nervous bringing all the papers and my passport to the fedex desk, hoping that I had everything and that it would all work out smoothly. I sensed God say to me as the employee arranged the proper envelope and forms, that He had this. This process was in His hands. The following Monday, I woke up wondering about the fact that I had not included a return envelope with my application. I messaged a fellow missionary and asked what she had done that when she applied for her visa. Her response, "yes you need to include an envelope, that's how they return your passport and visa to you". Then it dawned on me with an intense fear that I had messed up and that my passport could be lost. I was furious at myself for not following the instructions. I was also afraid because I did not know how to fix my mistake. I had heard of other stories from other missionaries on the base of them trying to reach the embassy when visas were not coming through or being yelled at on the phone when speaking to the embassy. I was afraid that there was no solution. I went back to the embassy website and saw their email address and phone number. I emailed immediately asking how to fix my mistake. I saw also that the phone number was only available from 3-5pm. So I had to wait. 3pm came and I called the numbers listed. No answer so voicemail messages were left. Once that was done I got the thought from God to call back again at 4pm. I called the numbers again when that time came. Before this I had asked God that I would have favor with the embassy and that it would be a kind person on the other end of the line. On the third call, as the ringing continued, I prayed again, "please God let me talk to a person, let them be kind, let me not be yelled at". A lady answered as soon as I finished my prayer. I explained my situation to her asking how to resolve my mistake. She kindly stated, "just email an envelope to the same address". I was shocked. That's it? That simple? I was so happy. I clarified that was all I needed to do to which she said yes. I was amazed. I thanked her and hung up. God is so good. He is so kind to answer my prayers and fix the mistakes I make. I am so thankful for His kindness and goodness to me especially in situations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment